Sector: Mental Health
- Montpelier Estates were commissioned by St Andrew’s Healthcare, a registered charity, to identify an appropriate location for a new low secure independent hospital and subsequently developed a £6 million turnkey project in 2000.
- Montpelier acquired a suitable site in Basildon, Essex and obtained planning approval for 90 beds.
- Montpelier’s innovative approach to procurement resulted in a £1 million saving compared to the competing Design and Build package offered by construction companies.
- The development incorporates:
- a café/shop
- sports hall
- occupational therapy services