Dogpool Lane, Birmingham
Sector: Mental Health
- In 2007 Montpelier were approached by St. Andrew’s Healthcare to source a site to develop secure mental health services in Birmingham.
- A number of options were initially considered around the city and a 10 acre site in Stirchley was acquired.
- In 2008 planning approval was granted.
- The completed scheme delivered 128 beds for patients with learning disabilities, mental health issues and autistic spectrum disorder.
- Medium, low and rehabilitation services have been accommodated on the same site, offering Commissioners a Pathway for patients without the disruption of relocation.
- The £35 million project was completed in January 2009 on time and within budget.
- It incorporates a café, sports hall, gym, shop and occupational therapy services on a single secure site.