The Farndon Unit, Nottinghamshire
Sector: Mental Health
- Montpelier sourced land near Newark in Nottinghamshire after identifying a requirement for secure services in the area
- The development resulted in the completion of a £5 million independent hospital for Raphael Healthcare in May 2006.
- The hospital now provides specialist high levels of nursing for 40 women benefiting from a low secure environment as part of their recovery process.
- The importance of the care pathway is acknowledged by the inclusion of two four-bed flats which provide supported living for patients almost ready to return to their life in the community.
- The unit is self-contained and offers hobbies, therapeutic and recreational activities.