Wellesley Hospital, Wellington, Somerset
Sector: Mental Health
- 75 bed medium and low-secure hospital providing care and treatment for forensic patients with a broad range of mental health conditions.
- The development responds to Government policy by providing patients with services closer to their home and the crucial support of family and friends during their treatment.
- It incorporates a café, sports hall, gym, shop and occupational therapy services.
- The proposal resulted in a substantial investment of nearly £20 million into the local area and bringing between four and five million of annual revenue to the local economy.
- In addition, there will be 225 full-time equivalent jobs created, many of which will require training support from local educational establishments.
- In 2018 Montpelier received planning consent for an additional 30 beds of complementary specialist services (Click Here)
- Phase two construction commenced June 2019 and is programmed for completion autumn 2020.